If you’re in the market for heavy construction equipment, you may be considering leasing as an option. Leasing heavy construction equipment can provide many benefits for businesses of all sizes – but it’s not always easy to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this complete guide to heavy construction equipment financing.
Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about how leasing works and how to find the best deal for your business. So whether you’re just starting out or you’re ready to lease your next piece of equipment, read on!
Need to finance new construction equipment?
The heavy construction equipment leasing process
Heavy construction equipment leasing can be a complex process. It’s important to work with a company, like Finco, that understands the construction industry and can help you get the equipment you need for your business. Here are the two basic steps in the process.
1. Identify the equipment your business needs.
Construction projects can vary in size and scope, so it’s important to tailor your equipment selection to the specific job at hand. The best construction equipment leasing companies like Finco will finance used and new construction equipment such as compactors, cranes, hoists and lifting systems, demolition equipment, levelers, excavators, hydraulic equipment, mixers, planers, scaffolding, sewing units, steer loaders, differential welders, or wheel loaders.
2. Work with a leasing company
Companies are not all the same: each has unique needs. A good construction equipment finance company will work with you to determine the best leasing option for your projects. Nonetheless, there are a few things you should keep in mind when you’re considering leasing heavy construction equipment:
- Lease terms typically last for two to six years, so you’ll need to be sure that you’ll need the equipment for that entire time.
- Be aware if you’re responsible or not for maintenance and repairs on the equipment during the lease.
- Make sure you understand the terms of the financial agreement before signing anything.
- You may be able to get better financing terms if your business has a good credit score.
- Some heavy construction equipment leasing companies offer rent-to-own options.
- Make sure that your business can afford the monthly payment.
On the other hand, the best leasing companies, such as Finco, have access to special and very advantageous programs for construction companies.
How does heavy construction equipment leasing work?
Leasing heavy equipment can be a great way to get the equipment you need for your business without having to spend a lot of money upfront. The financing company will provide you with the equipment you need, and you’ll make monthly payments until the lease is up. At the end of the lease, you’ll have the option to purchase the equipment for a discounted price or return it to the leasing company.
When to lease heavy construction equipment vs buy for your business
When it comes to heavy construction equipment, there are two main options: leasing or buying. Here, we’ll explore the pros and cons of each option, so you can make the best decision according to your business purposes.
Leasing heavy construction equipment has several advantages over buying:
- It allows you to avoid tying up capital in heavy and expensive equipment.
- It gives you the flexibility to upgrade your equipment as new models come out, which can help you stay competitive.
- Leasing can provide tax advantages in some cases.
If you’re still not sure whether leasing or purchasing heavy construction equipment is right for your business, we can help you decide what’s the best solution for your needs.
How to find the best construction equipment leasing company
Leasing heavy construction equipment can be a great way to get the tools you need for your project without having to purchase them outright. It can also be a more affordable option than buying, especially if you only need the equipment for a short time.
However, not all equipment financing companies are created equal. Here are some tips for finding the best heavy equipment leasing company for your needs:
- Do some research and ask around for recommendations. If you know other contractors or construction companies, ask them who they finance their equipment from and if they’re happy with the service. You can also search online for heavy constructio equipment leasing companies and read customer reviews. Once you’ve compiled a list of potential companies, reach out to them and ask for quotes. You can contact us and begin with Finco!
- Be sure to compare not just the price but also the terms of the lease. Some companies may require a longer minimum finance term, for example, or charge higher fees for early termination. Make sure you understand all the terms before signing anything.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. If you have good credit and a strong history with the company, you may be able to get a better deal on your lease. It never hurts to ask!